Sunday 3 February 2013

Painting..... And a quick conversion

After photographing my scouts yesterday, I got on and did a bit of painting on them.... 

Mostly basecoated so far in my homegrown chapter's colour scheme of a quartered dark and light green....

and This morning in preperation for a game I am hoping to play on Thursday this coming week at my FLGS, I did a bit of conversion work on this little fella.......

I always did prefer the Wailing Doom as a spear........ basically cut sword off his hand, then cut the quillon off the sword blade, and the pommel off his hand... then drilled through the hand and socket-ed the sword blade to the end of the brass rod, and turned the quillon around and pinned the pommel to it to form the counter-weight, then socket-ed that to the other end of the spear......

I think it works..... and is probably a lot straighter than if I invested in the Forgeworld one... lol
most likely with considerably less filling and filing required......


Yesterday I also put a little bit of work into this fine lil Lady:


So what do you think?

TWTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment