Monday 22 April 2013

Salute 2013, great show........ shame I forgot to take lots of pictures.......

So.... my plan was to do a nice "what I saw" style post all about the show..... but I got carried away shopping and chatting and forgot to take pictures..... DOH!

so instead I will just show off my modest little haul, and some pics of some of the models I have managed to put together so far....

first up... this is what I bought......

not a huge pile of goodies I know..... but I am pleased.... I have been hankering for some swash-buckling action for a while now and the Freebooters Fate models are just gorgeous.....
Vanessa promises to beef up my Vickies crew for Malifaux with some much needed defensive buffs for the victoria's..... and after the Paint the city pink charity challenge I needed to replace Silverager for my Pulp City ARC crew, and I am painting up a June for the Pulp City Forum's Mini exchange.....
As for the Salute Miniature.... I am amazed by the standard of this model, it is a beautiful little figure, with very good casting quality, a certain large company could learn from Renedra about quality control.......

now for the pics of my mini's..... The Salute mini this year, is Jason, of Jason and the Argonauts fame, and is a first as far as I know, being a plastic miniature kit that was made purely as a convention freebie, and even has a choice of left arm... either holding aloft the severed head of  a Beastie, or equipped with a shield..... I couldn't decide which I preferred.... so I magnetised it and now they are interchangable.....




I have also been busy building my first Wyrd plastic model, and again I must say I am impressed by the quality of this model, the pose is refreshingly dynamic after building a lot troops for 40k.... she also required virtually no filing, cutting, with almost no mould lines or flash to be found.....



Last up.... I simply couldn't wait to build up my Amazons starter set for Freebooters Fate...... each model comes with its own decorative base topper.... I just hope I can do them justice when it comes time to paint them up.......


Soooo thats it, what I bought and my first impressions of them.... Hope you enjoyed my latest Ramblings....

as always comments are welcome....

TWTs

2 comments: