Saturday 6 July 2013

I'm back..... again.....

Hello again chaps and chapettes, its been far to long... but I have been a busy boy away from hobbying..... still here are a few pics of what I have been up to lately.... just trying to get my enthusiasm back up to snuff....

first off, I have picked up the X-wing miniatures game, and while my fleet is going to be a very slow growing thing I am chuffed to say they already has their own carry case, to keep them safe in transit to games...



inside I am using yet more of my supply of cushion foam and cutting it to hold the models.....


My rebel fleet so far sat snugly in their own little spaces .... with plenty of room for more ships as I acquire them....

and then to transport the rules sheets and templates, I glued this folder into the lid, plenty of room in there for any more rules sheets I pick up.... with a thin layer of foam that fits between it and the ships to protect them.....



I also took part in the Pulp City forums mini-exchange this year, for which I painted the recently re-released June Summers, this pic was a late WIP, as I did a bit more work on the shading and then gave her a thin coat of quick-shade dip before sending her off.....


The base is a plastic 30mm round-lipped base with a custom topper I made for it.... 

and finally, I thought I would show off my modified Avatar for my Eldar....



Yes he is still WIP paint wise and yes he will be staying predominantly green and yellow, I was around for the original Avatar, and I still feel the wailing doom should be a spear, but I wanted it to be more of a fighting spear rather than a throwing spear, so I cut off the sword and pommel above and below the hand, then seperated the quillons from the blade, before drilling them and placing them on a piece of brass rod which goes right through the fist.... I am quite pleased with the effect of what turned out to be a fairly straight-forward mod....

As usual, I hope you enjoyed my ramblings and I hope to be subjecting you to more of them soon....

Thanks for stopping by....

TWTs

1 comment:

  1. Cool looking carry case for your x wing stuff, The Avatar conversion is very nice sir! Spear was always the way I envisaged it as well.

    ReplyDelete